All you need is a handful of healthy ingredients for this simple Asian-inspired Honey Glazed Salmon! A perfect blend of savory and sweet. This skillet salmon recipe is made in 15 minutes, including prep time!
A healthy salmon recipe is one that every home cook needs in their repertoire. It’s so easy to make, and it’s full of health benefits! As a nutritionist, salmon is one of those proteins I recommend for everyone to consume at least once per week. It’s full of heart and brain healthy Omega 3’s, monounsaturated fat, and lean protein.
The best part about salmon is how easy it is to make! My simple 5-minute Instant Pot Lemon Pepper Salmon has the most perfect flaky texture. This recipe for a skillet salmon is almost just as easy with a more caramelized browned skin! You’ll love the combination of savory/sweet and splash of lemon and garlic. A 15-minute recipe that is perfect for a busy weeknight!
How to Make Honey Glazed Skillet Salmon
These are the simple ingredients you need:
- Raw honey
- Coconut aminos (you can also use GF Tamari sauce)
- Lemon or lime juice
- Avocado oil or olive oil
- Salmon filets
- Red pepper flakes (optional for garnish)
To make this easy salmon recipe, follow these steps:
- Sear the salmon: once your skillet is hot, add the oil and cook the salmon until golden brown about 6 minutes on the first side before flipping over. Add in a bit more oil, then garlic once flipped over. Cook another 2-3 minutes before adding the sauce.
- Make the sauce: while the salmon is sautéing whisk together honey, coconut aminos, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes (if using). Pour after the salmon has cooked on the first side.
- Thicken the sauce: after sauce cooks for 2-3 minutes, it will have slightly thickened. Remove salmon and serve with sauce!
What to serve with salmon?
There are several additions you can add to this recipe to make it a full and complete meal!
- Roasted Honey Garlic Brussels Sprouts
- Coconut Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Asian Slaw
- Roasted Lemon Garlic Broccoli
15 Minute Honey Glazed Skillet Salmon
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Coconut aminos*
- 3 tbsp Lemon or lime juice
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes, (optional)
- 3 tbsp Avocado oil or olive oil
- 4 6 oz Salmon filets
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large cast iron skillet to medium high heat. Once hot, add 2 tbsp oil.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the sauce in a small bowl: honey, coconut aminos, lime or lemon juice, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the salmon to the skillet, skin side up. Cook the salmon until golden brown, about 6 minutes, then flip over.
- Add the remaining oil, then the garlic. Saute for a minute, then pour the sauce into the skillet. Cook until the sauce is slightly reduced and thickened, about another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot by spooning the sauce over the salmon. Serve over rice or cauliflower rice. Garnish with lemon slices.