Cauliflower is in season now. So I buy it once in a week and trying some yummy recipes with it. Last week I prepared this cauliflower curry without onion and garlic for the first time. Its a dry sabzi that goes well with rice, roti or naan. This Jain style gobi curry came out so well even though its without onion, garlic. Its called as Sukha gobi and this recipe is ideal for fasting / Vrat ka khana during Navratri. Friends, do try this easy, yummy cauliflower curry without onion and garlic for rice or roti. Share your feedback with me.
Cauliflower / Gobi Curry without onion, garlic
Cauliflower curry without onion and garlic
Cuisine: North Indian
Category: Side dish
Serves: Serves 3
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 20 Minutes
Total time: 30 Minutes
|1 cup = 240ml |
Cauliflower - 1/2 (I used big one)
Cooking oil - 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Bay leaf - 1
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds powder - 1.5 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Aamchur powder or lemon juice – 1/4 tsp (optional, I dint use)
Salt - as needed
- Water - to sprinkle + 3 cups ( to boil cauliflower florets)
Coriander leaves – to garnish
HOW TO MAKE JAIN CAULIFLOWER CURRY
- Wash the cauliflower florets and parboil in water for few minutes adding turmeric powder.
- Drain the water and keep the parboiled cauliflower aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Temper cumin seeds, bay leaf.
- Lower the flame. Add chilli powder, coriander seeds powder, garam masala powder.
- Mix quickly and add the cauliflower florets, required salt. Mix well.
- Cover cook for few minutes. Sprinkle little water if its too dry.
- Switch off the flame after the cauliflower is completely cooked.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice, roti !
METHOD - STEP BY STEP PICTURES
- Wash the cauliflower florets and parboil in 3 cups of water adding turmeric powder.
- Drain the water completely and set aside. Heat oil in a kadai and splutter cumin seeds, bay leaf.
- Lower the flame completely. Add red chilli powder, coriander seeds powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and required salt.
- Mix quickly and add the parboiled cauliflower florets. Mix well. Sprinkle little water if the curry looks too dry. Cover cook till cauliflower is completely cooked. Add some aamchur powder (optional) and mix well.
- Boil and evaporate if there is excess water. Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice, roti and naan. Enjoy ! For variations, you can add some frozen green peas, boiled and cubed potato along with cauliflower. This is mentioned as aloo gobi matar curry in North India.
- I didn’t use tomato or aamchur powder in this recipe. Instead I sprinkled some lemon juice at the end.
- For variations, you can saute frozen green peas along with cauliflower and make this curry.
- You can also make this in gravy kind by sauting tomato along cauliflower and adding more water for cooking.
- Adjust the quantity of chilli powder and other spice powders as per your taste.
Try this easy, yummy cauliflower curry without onion, garlic and enjoy with rice, roti !
Technorati Tags: cauliflower curry without onion and garlic
,gobi curry without onion n garlic
,chilli gobi without onion and garlic
,gobi without onion and tomato
,jain gobi recipe
,jain cauliflower sabzi
,indian vegetarian recipes without onion and garlic
,curry without onions
,gobi sabzi no onion no garlic
,cauliflower recipes without onion garlic
← Older Post
Newer Post →