This is the Easiest Ever Buffalo Cauliflower recipe – these cute bites are a great appetizer or snack idea for game day and are made healthier in the oven!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Flour – use almond flour or cornstarch to make this appetizer gluten-free.
- Garlic powder – onion powder would also work here.
- Salt & pepper – to taste.
- Cauliflower – this is crucial to the recipe. Make sure to choose a head of cauliflower that’s firm to the touch and tightly closed.
- Buffalo sauce – use any bottled variety of your choice or make your own homemade buffalo sauce.
- Butter – the butter will help cut the buffalo sauce. Feel free to swap it out for your favourite butter substitute or leave it out altogether (although the flavour will be stronger).
Skip the Ads and Get Right to the Recipes!
- ZERO ADS on over 600 recipes!
- Weekly Meal Plans, Grocery & Prep Lists
- Bonus eBooks
How to make Buffalo cauliflower
Step 1: Combine the flour, garlic powder and water.
Preheat oven to 500 F. In a large bowl, combine flour, garlic powder and water.
Step 2: Toss the cauliflower in the mixture.
Add cauliflower, tossing to combine.
Step 3: Add to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Step 4: Bake the cauliflower.
Season with salt and pepper, then bake for 15 minutes.
Step 5: Toss in the sauce.
Meanwhile, mix buffalo sauce and butter together. When cauliflower is done, pour sauce overtop and gently toss to combine. Bake another 10 minutes.
Step 6: Serve and enjoy!
What to serve with buffalo cauliflower
If you are making this buffalo cauliflower recipe for a party, you want a variety of dips to go with the buffalo cauliflower wings. Offer any or all of these:
- Blue cheese
- Nacho sauce
- More Buffalo sauce
- Hot sauce
I also like to serve veggies on the side, just like you would get with buffalo chicken wings. To keep it vegetarian friendly, I recommend serving it with some veggies like carrot sticks, celery, cucumbers and/or radishes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Buffalo cauliflower is a healthy spin on buffalo wings. The two main ingredients are obviously buffalo wing sauce and cauliflower, but you’ll also need flour, garlic powder and water to toss the cauliflower pieces in; and some melted butter to cut the buffalo sauce.
Yes! Buffalo cauliflower tastes so good with all the delicious flavours of your favourite wings but way fewer calories. Even if you’re not big on cauliflower, you’ll love this buffalo cauliflower recipe – trust me.
Buffalo sauce is a combination of hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, butter and seasonings. It’s easy to make your own, but there are lots of options on the market for just purchasing a bottle. I personally like using the Frank’s Red Hot variety but you can use any bottled variety of your choice to go with this buffalo cauliflower recipe!
With one simple substitution, you can make this buffalo cauliflower recipe gluten-free – just substitute almond flour or cornstarch for the wheat flour.
Storing and reheating
Without a doubt, these buffalo cauliflower bites are best straight out of the oven. However, you can store them in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days in an airtight glass container.
To reheat this buffalo cauliflower recipe, put the florets back in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes to maintain that nice crispy texture. If you reheat them in the microwave, the batter on the cauliflower will get soggy even if they still taste great.
If you have extra buffalo cauliflower, you can use it in lots of other dishes. Try some of these ideas for using up the extra florets:
- Filling for tacos
- In a pita
- Crumbled on a pizza
- On a salad
Freezing this recipe
You can definitely freeze this buffalo cauliflower recipe! Let the cauliflower cool completely then place the florets on a baking sheet in the freezer in a single layer without any of the pieces touching to keep them from sticking together. After an hour, you can put them in a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months.
When you’re ready to enjoy, reheat your buffalo cauliflower from frozen in the oven for 15 minutes at 375° Fahrenheit.
Wanna Learn How To Meal Prep?
My meal planning service, Dinner Prep Pro, removes the guesswork and helps you get dinner on the table in 15-20 minutes each night. My meal prep checklists only take 1 hour each week!
Meal prep tools for this recipe
- Grab some glass meal prep bowls if you plan on turning this recipe into leftovers.
- This is the buffalo sauce I use.
- Freeze this recipe in glass microwave-safe bowls up to 3 months.
Easiest Ever Buffalo Cauliflower
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp garlic or onion powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 3 tbsp melted butter
To serve (optional)
- Ranch dressing
- Blue cheese dressing
- Chives, chopped
- Carrot sticks and celery
- Preheat oven to 500 F. In a large bowl, combine flour, garlic powder and water. Add cauliflower, tossing to combine.
- Add florets to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper, then bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix buffalo sauce and butter together. When cauliflower is done, pour sauce overtop and gently toss to combine. Bake another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with dressings and veggies of choice. Enjoy!
Join The Girl on Bloor Premium!
- ZERO ADS!
- Weekly Meal Prep Checklists
- Bonus eBooks