This Green Goddess Chicken Salad Wrap recipe will become your new summer staple! Tender chicken is combined with crisp cucumber, creamy avocado, and fresh herbs. Tossed with vegan green goddess dressing and gluten-free tortillas, they’re hearty, nutritious, and filling.
Green Goddess Chicken Salad Wrap Goodness
If you enjoy our chicken salad sliders, lightened up no mayo chicken salad bowl, or this curried chicken salad, you’re going to love this chicken salad wrap recipe! Creamy, refreshing, and savory all at once, it takes classic chicken salad to a whole new level and is super simple to make! As if that wasn’t good enough, it’s also:
- Gluten-free, nut-free, and dairy-free.
- With minimal prep time, it’s ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Loaded with protein, nutrients, and fiber.
- Great for feeding a crowd.
Is This Chicken Salad Wrap Healthy?
Of course, what is considered healthy looks different for everybody. However, generally speaking, this recipe is a great option! It’s loaded with protein, fiber, nutrients, and healthy fats thanks to the use of whole-food ingredients. Plus, you can mix and match your favorite ingredients to add extra nutrients and meet your dietary needs! All in all, we consider it a pretty healthy recipe but consult your doctor with any specific concerns.
What’s In a Green Goddess Chicken Salad Wrap?
This salad wrap comes together with just a handful of simple ingredients for a refreshing flavor and creamy texture that leaves you feeling satisfied and energized.
- Chicken – We use boneless, skinless breasts. However, to save time and use up leftovers, you could use pre-cooked diced or shredded chicken instead.
- Salt and Black Pepper – Use as little or as much as you like.
- Cucumber – English cucumber work best as they have a sweeter taste and provide a satisfying crunch. If preferred, celery could be used instead.
- Avocado – This adds healthy omega fats and a creamy texture.
- Fresh Herbs – Fresh parsley or basil are added for a refreshing, herbaceous taste.
- Green Goddess Dressing – We use our homemade vegan green goddess dressing, but any store-bought variety you like best would work.
- Tortillas – We use either our almond flour tortillas or coconut flour tortillas to form the wrap, but any gluten-free tortilla or wrap will work great.
- Toppings – Technically optional but highly recommended, sprouts, spinach, green onions, and crumbled feta make this salad wrap extra filling and delicious.
We kept these chicken salad wraps fairly simple, but you can also add different mix-ins and ingredients! For example, some great variations include:
- Fruit – For a sweet element, include diced cherries, grapes, or chopped apples.
- Nuts – If you want a little extra crunch, try folding chopped nuts like almonds, walnuts, or pecans into the chicken salad.
- Extra Veggies – You can never have too many vegetables! Red onion, cabbage, carrots, sliced bell peppers, and water chestnuts are great options to fold into your wraps.
- Bacon – Add an extra savory element with uncured bacon or turkey bacon strips.
How to Make This Gluten-Free Wrap (2 Ways)
Super easy to make, these gluten-free green goddess chicken salad wraps come together in minutes!
Cook the Chicken. Season the chicken on both sides and cook them in a preheated oven until they reach an internal temperature of 165º Fahrenheit. Skip this step if using pre-cooked chicken.
- Prepare the Dressing. While the chicken is cooking, combine all the ingredients for the green goddess dressing in a blender or food processor, pulsing until smooth. Adjust the seasonings to taste, and set the dressing aside.
Note: For a thinner dressing, add an extra tablespoon of olive oil at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
Rest the Chicken. Once the chicken is cooked, set it aside to rest for at least 10 minutes. This is crucial to prevent it from drying out! Then, shred or dice it up, and add it to a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the Ingredients. Pour part of the dressing over the chicken, tossing to combine. Then, stir in the remaining ingredients until everything is completely coated in the dressing.
Pro-Tip: If you’re making this recipe ahead of time, leave out the cucumber and avocado until you’re ready to serve. (See storage tips below.)
Assemble the Wraps. Spread part of the chicken salad mixture over your wrap, arrange your garnish and toppings on top, and roll the tortilla up like a burrito.
- Enjoy! Slice your chicken salad wrap in half, serve it with extra dressing on the side, and dig in right away.
Air Fryer Option
If you love air fryer recipes as much as we do, you’re in luck! Simply pre-heat your air fryer to 375º Fahrenheit, arrange the seasoned chicken breasts in the basket, and bake until they’re fully cooked, flipping them over halfway through. Set them aside to rest before dicing them up, and follow the rest of the recipe as listed in the recipe card below.
If you aren’t a fan of tortillas, this chicken salad also makes for a great dip with your favorite gluten-free crackers. Or, If you’re looking for an option that’s lower in carbohydrates, feel free to serve it in Bibb or Romaine lettuce leaves instead. Either way, it pairs well with all your favorite side dishes! For example, some of our favorite pairings include:
Make Ahead Option
If you want to prepare this green goddess chicken salad ahead of time, we recommend leaving it out of the tortillas until just before serving. Then, transfer the mixture to an airtight container, and keep it stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. For the best results, we recommend omitting the cucumber and avocado until just before serving to prevent them from getting soggy.
We don’t recommend freezing the recipe as its flavor and texture will likely be altered once thawed.
More of Our Favorite
More Gluten-Free Wrap Recipes
If you enjoyed this green goddess chicken salad wrap, you won’t want to miss out on more of our favorite wraps below!