Honey Garlic Cauliflower Recipe with Step by Step Pictures. Crispy cauliflower coated in a spicy, sour, and sweet honey sauce which is packed with chopped garlic.
My Honey chicken recipe is a super popular recipe in yummy tummy. Honey garlic cauliflower is a perfect alternative for honey chicken. It has all the flavour of the sauce but you can make it with cauliflower.
Normally we used to make chilli gobi, gobi manchurian as a sidedish for fried rice. But this recipe is totally spot on. The sauce is so good you want to eat it all from the bowl. Also the cauliflower stays crispy and has a glossy sticky sauce all over it.
Tips to get crispy cauliflower:
- You can fry the cauliflower two times to make it more crispier.
- Add baking powder to make the coating crispier.
- One part flour and two part cornflour will make the coating crispier.
- Also dont add water in the sauce so the sauce gets really thick which doesn’t makes the cauliflower soggy.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Garlic - 2 tblps chopped
- Capsicum / Bell Pepper - 1 chopped
- Spring Onion - 2 chopped
- Salt to taste
- Cauliflower - 1 head cut it into florets
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 3 tblps
- Cornflour - 6 tblps
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Baking Power - ½ tsp
- Water as needed
- Oil for Deep frying
- Tomato Ketchup - ¼ cup
- Vinegar - 1 tblps
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- Red Chilli Flakes - 1 tblsp
- Par boil cauliflower in hot water for 2 to 3 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Add flour, salt, pepper and baking powder. add little water and mix well.
- Now heat oil for deep frying and deep fry till golden and crispy.
- Mix all sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Heat 1 tblsp oil in a pan. Add in garlic, capsicum and stir fry for a min.
- Add in sauce and mix well.
- Add water and mix well.
- Add in fried cauliflower and toss well.
- Add in spring onion and mix well.
1)Chop up garlic, spring onions and capsicum
2)Take ketchup in a bowl
3)Add in honey
4)You can add normal honey as well. I used raw honey
5)Add in vinegar
7)Add in red chilli flakes
9)Take cauliflower in a bowl
10)Add in all purpose flour
11)Add in cornflour
13)Add in baking powder
14)Add in pepper powder
16)Deep fry cauliflower in hot oil
18)Heat little oil in a pan
19)Add spring onion, capsicum and garlic
21)Add in sauce
28)Add in spring onion