Looking for a delicious dinner that comes together easily? This coconut peanut curry is flavorful, satisfying, and unique. First, roast the chickpeas and cauliflower in the oven and then sautée them along with vegetables, coconut milk, and peanut butter. The result is a salty-sweet curry that is as nutrient-dense as it is delicious.
Purple Cauliflower Peanut Coconut Curry [Vegan]
For the Sauce:
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 13.5-ounce can light coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
For the Vegetables:
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets
- 2 cups fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Bell pepper (optional)
- Snap peas
- Rice or noodles, for serving
- Preheat the oven (or toaster oven) to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil, brush the foil with a bit of coconut oil. Place the vegetables and chickpeas on the sheet and brush them with the rest of the oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the cauliflower florets are soft.
- Then make the curry sauce. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the teaspoon of coconut oil. Sauté the onions, garlic, and ginger for 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and heat to a simmer. Melt in the peanut butter and stir until completely melted. Stir in the coconut aminos and spices. Reduce the heat and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the roasted vegetables to the curry sauce and serve.
← Older Post
Newer Post →