Roast Turkey Leg Dinner
- Servings: 2-3
A quick Wholesome 1-pan dinner to impress!
Seasoning spice mix
- 1/4 tbsp soft butter
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 red chilly/paprika powder[optional]
- 1/4 tsp tumeric powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 turkey legs/thighs
- 1 cup carrots[chop into 2inch peices]
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 large potato
- 1 large onion
For Turkey Legs
- Prep the meat by washing and patting the legs dry using paper towels.
- Poke the meat using fork or knife a couple of times.
- Mix the Seasoning spice mix together and apply to the meat making sure to lift the skin and apply inside too.
- Keep aside until ready to roast
- Wash the vegetables and peel the carrots and potatoes.
- Wash and clean the cauliflower florets thoroughly.
- cut the vegetables into huge chunks of 2 inch ideal for roasting.
- Lightly coat the vegetables with coconut oil and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat the oven on Roast to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place the vegetables on the tray spreading them in a single layer.
- Place the wire rack on top of the vegetables and place the turkey leg on it.
- Roast the meat for 20-25 mins uncovered on the middle Rack.
- Keep an eye on the meat after 20mins and flip the meat to crisp the skin on both sides and stir the vegetables so they get coated with turkey gravy.
- Cover the meat with foil and cook for additional 30mins or until the meat reaches 165 degree on thermometer.
- Remove from the oven and let the meat rest for 5 mins.
Tips: Grill the vegetables for 2 mins if you prefer them crisp/charred.