smoked and spicy vegetarian dinner
You will need:
- Cleaned chickpeas (peeled)
- sweet onion
- salt, pepper
- olive oil
- smoked paprika powder
- cayenne pepper
- 3tbsp Tahini
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 5tbsp water
- 1 minced garlic clove
Full of flavor and loaded with nutrients healthy dinner for a busy weekday. So simple to make and so much to enjoy. Sweet onions adding an interesting edge and finalize the symphony of tastes.
- Peel chickpeas and cut cauliflower head in florets. Place all in big bowl and add olive oil and spices – cumin, smoked paprika powder, cayenne pepper, salt. Let veggies marinate a bit and in the meantime preheat your oven to 220C
- Transfer cauliflower and chickpeas on baking sheet and roast in the oven for 25-30min until crispy.
- While roasting prepare sweet onion and sauce. Cut onion in thin slices, preheat the pan and melt butter in it. Add onions and on low heat cook them until tender and transparent.
- Mix tahini, lemon juice, water and minced garlic clove, and salt until smooth and creamy.
- When cauliflower is cooked, mix it with golden onions and serve warm. You can pour over prepared tahini sauce or serve it separately. Decorate with fresh parsley or chives and voila – dinner is ready!