Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes, max, depends on cooking time
Total Time: 60 minutes, max, depends on cooking time
Servings: makes about 8 breakfasts (a full soup bowl)
This recipe is adapted from The Healing Kitchen.
1 large spaghetti squash
1 recipe Caulifredo sauce (see below)
1/2 cup green onions, sliced
1/4 tsp sea salt
- First you need to cook the spaghetti squash. There are three methods to do this, I prefer to use the Instant Pot, but the oven works great too. The microwave method works on vacation, but if the squash is large it can overheat and break your microwave (I did this with mine at home). In all of these make sure you wash the squash before you cut it open.
- Pressure Cooker method: Cut the squash in half lengthwise and then lengthwise again. Remove all the seeds. Place 1 cup water in the bottom of the pressure cooker. Stack the slices on the rack inside the pressure cooker. Put the lid on, make sure it is sealed. Select pressure cooker and add 13 minutes. It will take about 20 minutes to reach pressure. Once the cycle is done, use the quick release to release the pressure. Then you can take the squash out and remove it from its peel.
- Oven method: Preheat oven to 400F. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and remove all the seeds. Place cut side down on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roast for 45 minutes or until you can easily pierce it with a fork. Remove it from the peel.
- Microwave method: Place in the microwave and cook for 10-12 minutes until you can easily pierce it with a fork. Make sure you pierce so that it doesnt explode. Let it cool and then cut it lengthwise and remove the seeds and then remove the flesh from the peel. Be warned if you have a large squash is can take up to 28 minutes.
- Make the Caulifredo Sauce.
- Combine all the squash, Caulifredo sauce and the rest of the ingredients, mix well. Make individual portions and freeze.
- If you are having trouble cutting the squash, place it in the microwave for 5 minutes first. Make sure you pierce so that it doesnt explode.
- These freeze really well and heat up great in the microwave.
- For breakfast serve with meatballs or chicken patties. Or add 16-20 cooked shrimp before you heat up in the microwave.
Caulifredo Sauce Ingredients:
2 cups cauliflower florets (frozen works great)
1 garlic clove minced
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup chicken bone broth
- Place cauliflower in a glass bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, or until tender.
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
This page contains affiliate links meaning I can earn commission from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.