Since cauliflower steaks essentially absorb any flavor you cook them in, they can be made in countless different ways! In this particular recipe, they are seasoned with lime, paprika, cumin, and agave nectar for a touch of sweetness. Simple, quick, and extremely flavorful!
Spicy Lime Cauliflower Steaks [Vegan]
For the Spicy Lime Cauliflower Steaks:
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon agavenectar
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges, to serve
For the Raw Vegan Chimichurri:
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Start by washing and cutting the cauliflower into thick steaks, the remaining florets can be saved and used for another dish or juicing.
- Mix all ingredients, except the cilantro, in a small mixing bowl, brush the cauliflower steaks, and then use the remaining sauce in the pan.
- Fry the steaks in medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side. The steaks are ready when the cauliflower steaks turn softer and have a nice golden color.
- Serve with some freshly squeezed lime and cilantro.
- To eat the steaks with some raw vegan chimichurri sauce, all you need to do is blend all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse for 15-20 seconds.
Final cooking time will depend on how thick you cut the steaks and on the heat level. The original recipe of the cauliflower steak is adapted from The Kitchn. The chimichurri recipe was adapted from Tastes Lovely.
← Older Post
Newer Post →