Introducing my Air Fryer Broccoli recipe! This quick side dish is ready to enjoy in just 5 minutes! With just four simple ingredients, this air fry broccoli is an easy side dish sure to give you the best results even if it is your first time making it! Plus, it’s absolutely delicious and really takes broccoli to the next level!
Recipe Difficulty – Very Easy
Not sure how to cook broccoli in air fryer? I’ve got you covered! The cooking process is so simple and my easy recipe will make you a pro! If you are a fan of oven roasted broccoli, get ready for your world to be changed! It is a quick way to get crispy edges and tender broccoli in a fraction of the time.
The great thing about having a simple recipe is that it is easy to mix it up and create different variations! Just a few additions and you can have a totally different dish such as parmesan broccoli or chilli and garlic broccoli! If you’re trying to give a friend broccoli who isn’t usually a fan, this may very well change their mind!
These crispy broccoli bites are delicious, quick, and great to level up an easy weeknight meal. This healthy side dish pairs well with so many great meals! Try it with my Sweet Chilli Salmon Fishcakes, for example. This is seriously the best crispy broccoli and I can’t wait to hear how you like it![feast_advanced_jump_to]
Ingredients to make Air Fryer Broccoli
- Broccoli – One large broccoli head will give you all of the fresh broccoli florets you need for this crispy air fryer broccoli.
- Olive Oil – gives flavour as well as helps crisp up the broccoli.
- Lemon Juice – You could use bottled or fresh lemon juice. Either way, it adds a bright flavour and pairs so well with the broccoli
- Garlic Granules – are a delicious flavour addition and help make this the best air fryer broccoli.
- Chilli flakes – add a little bit of spice and a great flavour, but don’t worry it’s not too overbearing!
See recipe card at the bottom of this page for quantities.
How to make Air Fryer Broccoli
Firstly, chop the broccoli into florets.
In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix until the broccoli is completely coated.
Put the broccoli in the bottom of the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook at 200C (390 degrees F) for 5 minutes. Make sure to keep a little bit of space between florets to allow the hot air to get all around the broccoli.
Hint: Cooking time may vary depending on the size of the florets or if you want al dente versus more tender broccoli. Different types of air fryers may also vary in cook times.
- Broccoli – It can be fun to try out different types of broccoli with this recipe! Consider trying tenderstem broccoli or purple broccoli (also known as purple sprouting broccoli). You could even try this recipe with a vegetable similar to broccoli such as cauliflower!
- Olive Oil – Avocado oil or other oils with a high smoke point will work great in place of olive oil.
- Garlic Granules – Lemon zest can be used in place of the garlic granules.
- Spicy – Swap the chilli powder for red pepper flakes for a spicier broccoli. You could also increase the quantity of chilli flakes if you preferred.
- Deluxe – There are so many ways to turn this easy air fryer broccoli deluxe. Try experimenting with garlic powder, garlic salt, onion powder, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, etc. Garlic and Chilli Broccoli is a popular combination as well! To really take this broccoli to the next level, I also love to grate vegan parmesan on top!
- Kid friendly – Sprinkle some vegan parmesan cheese on top during the last couple of minutes of cook time and provide a yummy dip to make this air-fried broccoli kid-approved! Another great option is to toss the broccoli in ranch seasoning. Serve it with some Vegan Mac and Cheese for bonus points!
For another great broccoli-based recipe, try my Broccoli and Cashew Stir-Fry.
- Chopping Board
- Sharp Knife
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Air Fryer
You can store leftover fried broccoli in an airtight container for 3 to 5 days. To reheat it, put broccoli in air fryer for 3 minutes or so until they are hot.
Cooking broccoli can be done in so many different ways! Steamed broccoli, roasted tenderstem broccoli, boiled broccoli, fried broccoli, etc. My personal preference is air fryer broccoli. It takes just a few easy steps, much faster and is absolutely delicious!
If you have trouble with things burning in your air fryer, put a tablespoon of water into the air fryer basket as it can help the broccoli keep some moisture.
The sky is the limit when it comes to air fryer vegetables! Air fryer Brussels sprouts, air fryer cauliflower, etc. If you can cook it in the oven, give it a try in the air fryer!
It is! Air frying is a delicious way to end up with the best broccoli without compromising nutritional value!
Are you ready to try this delicious recipe?! I am so excited to hear what you think.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below and let me know how you get on. Hearing positive feedback is one of the best parts of creating recipes so please review it below and leave a comment!
P.S Never miss a new recipe! Get more healthy recipes sent straight to your inbox weekly – Subscribe and receive a free recipe eBook!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
Air Fryer Broccoli
- Chopping Board
- sharp knife
- mixing bowl
- Air fryer
- 1 large broccoli head
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- pinch salt + pepper
- Firstly, chop the broccoli into florets
- Then, in a large mixing bowl add the broccoli along with the other ingredients and mix until the broccoli is evenly coated
- Finally, evenly distribute the broccoli across the air fryer tray and cook at 200C / 390F for 5 minutes