Looking for a scrumptious and satisfying salad? Look no further than this recipe for Arugula Salad with Roasted Chicken and Potatoes. This combination of tender roasted chicken, perfectly cooked potatoes, and peppery arugula leaves creates a mouthwatering dish that will leave your taste buds dancing with joy and is a naturally gluten free dinner recipe.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- A Nutritious Powerhouse: Not only is this salad bursting with flavor, but it also boasts an impressive nutritional profile. Arugula, often considered a superfood, is packed with vitamins and minerals, including vitamin K, vitamin C, and folate. It’s also a great source of antioxidants, which help protect your body against free radicals. The lean roasted chicken breast offers high-quality protein, while the potatoes provide a good dose of fiber and essential nutrients. By enjoying this salad, you’re nourishing your body with a range of beneficial elements.
- Versatility and Customization: One of the great things about this recipe is its versatility. While it’s already delicious as is, you can easily customize it to suit your preferences or dietary needs. Feel free to add your favorite veggies, such as bell peppers or broccoli. If you’re a fan of additional textures, sprinkle some toasted nuts or seeds over the top. Furthermore, you can experiment with different dressings or marinades to further elevate the flavors. The possibilities are endless, allowing you to make this dish uniquely your own.
- Time-Saving and Meal Prep Friendly: Busy schedules can often make it challenging to prepare a wholesome meal. Fortunately, this Arugula Salad with Roasted Chicken and Potatoes is both time-saving and meal prep friendly. By roasting the chicken and potatoes in advance, you can easily assemble the salad whenever you’re ready to enjoy it. This makes it a perfect option for quick weekday lunches or a hassle-free dinner. With a little planning, you can have a satisfying and nutritious meal at your fingertips without sacrificing precious time. And because you’re using a sheet pan cleanup is a breeze.
I love peppery arugula and chicken and lemon and potatoes are just such a great compliment!
This arugula salad with roasted chicken and potatoes comes together so nicely, it’s also a great sheet pan meal. I have a love of sheet pan recipes, because you just line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and then when you’re done roasting clean up is a breeze!
What I also love about this arugula salad is that it can be served with the chicken and potatoes warm, or cold.
Modification you can make: make it low carb- leave out the potatoes and swap them for cauliflower!
If you’re looking for a great chicken arugula salad, you’re going to love this recipe!
Other salad recipes you might enjoy:
- Baked BBQ Chicken and Avocado Salad
- Greek Chickpea Salad in a Jar
- Healthy & Filling Grilled Chicken Green Goddess Cobb Salad
Arugula Salad with Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano divided
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 2 pinches of pepper
- 1 lb chicken tenders or chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 lb baby red potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 cups arugula
- Preheat oven to 450. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl grate zest from the lemon and squeeze the juice into another bowl.
- In the bowl with the lemon zest, add 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a pinch of fresh ground pepper. Rub mixture on chicken tenders and then place on prepared baking sheet.
- Cut the baby potatoes in half (or in quarters if some are large) and place on baking sheet. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil over the chicken and potatoes on the baking sheet. Sprinkle garlic over the contents of the baking sheet. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt over the baking sheet. Spread/turn the chicken and potatoes around the baking sheet to make sure they're coated in oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the potatoes start to turn golden brown.
- While the chicken and potatoes cook, make the dressing. In the bowl with the lemon juice, whisk in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, a teaspoon of dijon mustard, a teaspoon of honey and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Remove the chicken and potatoes from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- To serve, divide arugula into 4 bowls, top with chicken and potatoes, drizzle with dressing and serve.