Ground Turkey Soup with Mushrooms and Spinach is a low-carb version of a delicious Ground Turkey and Barley Soup; take your choice on which one youd like! Use Soup Recipesto find more recipes like this one.
For many years I was on a quest to prove that ground turkey doesnt have to be boring, and this comforting and flavorful Ground Turkey Soup with Mushrooms and Spinach is a low-carb variation of a Ground Turkey and Barley Soup recipe I created during that time. The soup with barley is delicious, but I know many of my current readers are going to prefer the new version that switches out the barley for cauliflower rice. And I am all about free agency, so make whichever version of the soup that appeals to you!
The ingredient that helps the ground turkey to shine is in both these soups is mushroom stock! You can use an easy-to-find ingredient like Better Than Bouillon Mushroom Base (affiliate link) to make the stock, but I am a bit of a sucker for imported brands like the one youll see in the photo below. If you dont want to buy mushroom base, you can still make this using all vegetable stock, but bumping up the mushroom flavor makes a big difference. I made the new low-carb (and gluten-free) version of this soup when I had some friends over for dinner and it was a hit; hope you enjoy!
- Comments before this are for the original version of the soup ... by Kalyn Denny
- I don't see why not as long as you soak and cook long enough ... by Kalyn Denny
- Can you use dried wild mushrooms? by Karen
- So glad you liked it. I love hearing how you switched it up! by Kalyn Denny
- Yummy recipe!! I substituted venison hamburg for ground turkey. ... by Joyce
- Plus 5 more...