Fresh Turmeric is in season and it is so good to include this in our familys diet especially during the winter months. Turmeric is known for its healing properties . Fresh turmeric flavour is too strong and children do not enjoy it as a pickle or chutney so much. So, today I am sharing a child approved tasty recipe using fresh turmeric. One to two teaspoons of fresh turmeric will be enough to make this pasta for two people.
Fresh turmeric is warming in nature and so do not compromise on the butter or ghee quantity. It not only makes the pasta tasty, but also helps to remove the pungent taste of fresh turmeric. Frying the fresh turmeric in butter is an important step to get a super tasty turmeric pasta aka Golden Pasta. You can add vegetables of your choice like coloured bell peppers, olives,mushroom, sweetcorn etc., to make the pasta more wholesome and colourful.
I am sure everyone in your family will love this Golden Pasta. It is a delicious Lunch Box recipe too.
Do try and share your family feedback with me.
Golden Pasta Recipe | Fresh Turmeric Pasta :
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 25 minutes
Serves : 4
1 cup =250 ml cup
2 cups pasta of your choice ( I used penne pasta)
1 tablespoon fresh turmeric root ( peeled and grated)
1 cauliflower ( steam cooked or boiled)
2-3 garlic cloves
1/4 fresh ginger ( optional)
1-1.5 cups milk,
1/4 cup cream
1/2 teaspoon peppercorns( coarsely crushed)
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg,
1/4 cup unsalted butter + 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil ( adjust)
Italian herbs (fresh or dry)(adjust)
salt to taste
- Heat a pan with butter( 1/4 cup) and fry the grated turmeric till they turn lightly brown and cooked ,switch off.
- Boil 2 cups of water and cook the cauliflower for 5 minutes or till they are cooked through.
- Switch on the pan with fried turmeric on low flame and add the boiled cauliflower, garlic, ginger and fry them for at least 5 minutes and switch off.
- Once cooled, grind this to a smooth puree using water or milk ( approximately 3/4 cup) adding them little at a time while grinding.
- Heat a pan with butter or olive oil and add the Italian herbs of your choice( fresh herbs add more flavour) .
- Now add the ground puree and allow it to boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Add a cup of milk, peppercorns and nutmeg .
- Add the cooked pasta into the sauce and continue cooking for a few minutes.
- Add cream , cook for a minute and switch off.
- You can garnish with more Italian herbs.
Your creamy and super delicious Fresh Turmeric Pasta aka Golden Pasta is now ready to be served or packed in a lunch box.
Thanks for visiting my blog !