Makes 5 servings
I made a double-batch of this for weekday lunches for my fiance and myself. If I made it again Id probably double up on the broccoli. Altogether it took me around 45 minutes from boiling water to putting things away.
- 9.5 oz dry noodles (I used whole wheat udon)
- 15 oz can corn
- 5 eggs
- 1 lb mixed vegetables (I used broccoli and cauliflower)
- 1lb baby carrots
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Boil a large pot of salted water and add your noodles and mixed veggies.
- Scramble eggs in a skillet, only seasoning at the end.
- Drain and rinse corn.
- Drain noodle-veggie mixture, seasoning as desired.
- Split everything into 5 equal-ish portions, keeping baby carrots separate and mixing everything else together. Put into containers and refrigerate.
- Use canned carrots and add them into the main mix at the end
- Use pre-cooked noodles or rice, usually found refrigerated or frozen
Vegan: Omit eggs, add canned or cooked beans for bulk and protein
Gluten free: Use brown rice noodles
Keto: Use spiralized vegetables or shirataki noodles in place of wheat. Replace corn and carrots with lower-carb veg as desired.
HCLF Vegan: Same as vegan
Soy free: Make normally
Egg free: Same as vegan
Nut free: Make normally
Minimum spoons and dishes version: 1 spoon
- Use all canned and frozen vegetables, with pre-cooked refrigerated or frozen noodles or rice
- Use liquid eggs from a carton or canned beans
- Cook eggs in a bowl in the microwave
- Mix everything and portion between five disposable containers
- Alternately: Mix everything in one large bowl, and cover with plastic wrap before putting in the fridge, portioning as desired