If you love pizza and you want to eat it all the time, you're always looking for ways to make it a little bit healthier. Cauliflower pizza crust is a regular on the menu and Ive played around with several others including a Polenta crust and even a Swiss Chard crust. So when I came across this Lentil Pizza Crust, I knew I had to give it a try.
Rustic Roasted Veggie Pizza With Lentil Crust [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 3/4 cup red lentils, soaked 1-24 hours
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the Toppings:
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 medium red pepper
- 1/2 medium green pepper
- 1/2 medium sweet onion
- 1/2-3/4 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking oil, spread sliced onions and bell peppers out into single layer and roast for 10-15 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove and set aside.
- To soak the lentils, add them to a bowl, cover with water and soak at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours. Rinse and drain the soaked lentils then add to bowl of food processor.
- Add water, garlic clove, dried basil, oregano, sea salt and baking powder, process 20-30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is reached.
- Prepare round pizza pan by spraying with cooking spray or lining with parchment paper.
- Pour batter out and spread into thin crust, approximately 1/4-inch thick.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, then remove and top with pizza sauce, roasted veggies, fresh basil and vegan mozzarella cheese.
- Bake additional 7-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve hot.
← Older Post
Newer Post →